Micro-needling is a minimally invasive cosmetic treatment that involves puncturing skin using fine needles. This procedure causes a controlled injury to the skin which stimulates new collagen
production and can improve the appearance of scars, wrinkles, and large pores.
Micro-needling works to tighten, lift, and rejuvenate skin. It is effective in product penetration, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, minimizing pores, stretch marks, keloid, surgical and acne
If you have the following, you aren’t a candidate for micro-needling.
- Active Acne
- Open lesions
- Viral, fungal, or bacterial infection
- Sunburnt Skin
- Active Rosacea
- Sensitive Skin
- Use of Accutane in the last 8 months
- Patients should avoid direct sun light, retinols, tanning bed 1-week post procedure. Patients are educated and highly encouraged to wear a broad spectrum sunscreen.
- Patient should be aware that longest part of procedure is waiting for numbing cream to take effect 45 to 60 minutes.
- Patient should expect tenderness two days’ post procedure.
- Patient should not wear makeup two days’ post procedure.
- All redness should subside within a week.
- Recommended minimum of 5 treatments for maximum results; more could be needed if patient has moderate to severe scarring.
- Treatment intervals are one month to allow for complete healing.