Cardiologist Lior Shamai, D.O. is Board Certified in Interventional Cardiology, Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Board Certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and the National Board of Physicians and Surgeons (NBPAS) as well as Board Certified in Nuclear Cardiology by the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC) and of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI).
Dr. Shamai has attained Level II certification in cardiac CT-A and reads cardiac and peripheral CT-A scans. He implants pace-makers and internally placed cardiac monitors and manages them as well as reads peripheral disease imaging studies. He takes pride in managing all aspects of the patients and enjoys the personalized care both in and out of patient settings. He performs procedures at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital and follows his patients there.
Dr. Shamai has publications and presentations spanning peripheral disease, lipid management and obesity, among others.
In addition, Dr. Shamai was the first cardiologist in the area to:
· Independently insert Bio-absorbable vascular scaffolding for coronary artery disease
· Independently insert Tryton side branch bifurcation dedicated stent for coronary artery disease
· Trained several local cardiologists in new techniques such as radial access and advanced cardiovascular interventions for complete coronary occlusion and use of advanced support devices for cardiopulmonary bypass
Dr. Shamai has completed the following training:
· D.O. Nova Southeastern University Fort Lauderdale, FL
· Internship & Residency: Cleveland Clinic Florida Weston, FL
· Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease: Ochsner Heart & Vascular Institute New Orleans, LA
· Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology: William Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak, MI
· Double major in biology and chemistry: University of Miami
· Master of Public Health: Nova Southeastern University
Honors and awards include:
· Serving as chief cardiology fellow at Ochsner Heart & Vascular Institute
· Chancellor award from NSU-COM
A native of Israel, Dr. Shamai grew up in South Florida and has practiced in Owensboro since 2013. He and his wife Hilda have three children.
Here's a detailed CV for Dr. Lior Shamai.
+1 (270) 683 - 8672